Cry of the Nutria, The
A virtual "Slipknot" of has-beens & never-beens, formed from side projects of many different bands in Grand Forks in 2003. Can be considered a "phantom band" of sorts because they only played two actual shows, neither of which were anywhere near the Red River Valley.
- Dave Collins (vocals)
- Donovan Stewart (guitar)
- Eric Hills (bass, vocals)
- Joe Bailey (drums)
- Lorenzo Serna (vocals)
- Mike Sutehall (guitar)
- Cory Wolf (vocals)
- Band name was conceived (as a joke).
- Very ridiculous band-logo featuring a nutria (otter-like rodent) eating.
- At one point, the band consisted of 10 people, but was narrowed down to seven because of likenesses to a small mob.
- Directly influenced the song "Ripoff" by Small Town Drunk, hence the name.
- Wrote song called "Chernobyl" which lasted anywhere from five to fifteen minutes, but was never played the same way twice. (written featuring Mark Bauer on drums.)
- First live show, August 1, 2003 Rudies Ska Cafe St. Paul, MN 7pm w/ Small Town Drunk
- Final live show, August 2, 2003 Rudies Ska Cafe St. Paul, MN 7pm w/ Small Town Drunk
- Self released, 3 song demo (no copies released) 2003