The Supreme Soviet of Love
Reformed after Tenants Union broke up after a drunken donnybrook in the summer of '87, the SSoL was a similar kind of group (and in fact played a lot of the same music); "Screaming greaser rock and roll" still fit the bill, although Mitch Berg's fascination with Richard Thompson brought some shades of (possibly misplaced) subtlety to the music.
- Mitch Berg - (Guitar, keys, harmonica, mandolin, cello, vocals)
- Matt Devitt - (Bass, Vocals)
- Willie Devitt - (Drums, Vocals)
- 1996 gig at the Turf Club in Saint Paul.
- Gasoline Party - 1987 five-song cassette "EP" featuring "Great Northern Avenue", "Fourth of July", "Five Bucks and a Transfer", "Gray Wire" and "He's Gonna Jump". Recorded at Mirror Image Studios in Minneapolis. Produced by the band, engineer Ron Brown.