- His sister is Brenda Weiler (Weiler, Brenda).
- Numerous run-ins with law enforcement while touring with Slippy McGee.
- Was shot in the leg during a post-show riot in Mankato, MN.
- Punched Michael Stipe (REM) in the back of the head in 1990. However, other contemporaries of Weiler recall a story in which he touched Michael Stipeâ€™s â€œgreasy hairâ€. It seems possible that this story morphed into â€œpunched Michael Stipe in the back of the headâ€.
- Enjoys cheese and Melrose Place.
- People who worked with him remember him developing the perhaps quixotic notion that touring from a base in Fargo was financially viable. This idea was bolstered by an Option magazine article featuring Dag Nasty and other independent bands of the day.
- Ripped many local bands off when it came time to pay.
- It should be noted that some people who were around Michael during his Fates/record store employee days have rather fonder memories of him than the ones listed here.