A two-piece with a drum and a bass, Standard was often the recipient of contrived comparisons to godheadSilo. Standard often incorporated stage props and gimmicks, calling themselves â€œVerticalâ€ or â€œHorizontalâ€ depending on the pattern of shirt worn; Chad would sing through the rotating blades of a fan (it seldom worked); Chad would perform strange dances without moving his hips; and the name of â€œNavinâ€ was invoked.
Standard played excessively loud with a modicum of harmony, their performances were always different and difficult. The band opened for numerous touring bands, played Bubbaâ€™s basement several times a week and Chad and Jarod likely hold the record for membership in the most Fargo bands.
- From Carothers Brothers #5, "The Definitive Guide to Everything Punk Rock in the Moorhead/Fargo Area": Bossk minus the cute guy.
- Split 7-inch Standard/Colby Heston Released by City of Fargo Records 1995
- Standard Tracks: Riflemouth, Defunction, Visitors
- Standard Tracks were recorded at Navin Studios by Matt Svobodny, produced by Scott Wolf, Mixed by Jarod Swant, Chad James and Matt Svobodny
- Colby Heston Tracks: AriSdodo and Reloner
- Colby Heston's songs were recorded by Colby Heston and Mixed by Matt Svobodny and Colby Heston
- V/A-"Bob" Meat Records
- V/A-"Draggin' Tracks" Meat Records