War On God
War On God is a stoner/prog/rock band from Fargo,ND. They were most active in the late 2000's into the early 2010's.
All hailing from the Bismarck/Mandan area, Tom Hill, Brandon "Doz" Marback, and Noah Schafer had played together in the past and were living together in Fargo. The house they lived and practiced in was named "Jude Law." After the end of Hill and Schafer's previous band, Toxic Shock Syndrome they began jamming with Marback, who had a backlog of riffs to share. War On God played their first show in 2007 and went on to play regularly on heavy shows in Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot. Schafer moved to Minneapolis in 2009, commuting back occasionally for practices and shows. WOG hasn't played a show since roughly 2013 or so, but the War goes on...
- Thomas Hill - Drums, Samples
- Brandon "Doz" Marback - Guitar, Vocals
- Noah Schafer - Bass, Vocals, Samples
- Once were guaranteed 100.00 for a short notice show by a promoter in Jamestown, ND. Driving to the show, performing to the DJ/promoter and one of their friends, and then watching the promoter become more and more uncomfortable, Schafer ended up channeling way too many Scorsese moves into a calm but firm "Fuck you, pay us." Righteous stubbornness prevailed, and WOG was compensated by an older gentleman at an ATM.
- War On God formed up like Voltron with Hill and Schafer's other band, Fine Young Knives to perform a Halloween Queens of the Stone Age set at the Aquarium. They performed again some time later when Judas Priest cover band Lazerwulves came to town.