Kimmy Gibbler Started in January of '05 and has been rocking hard and changing members ever since. oh yeah they totally play ska, not many bands can say that. (not sure if its a good or bad thing)
Past (in Italics) and present
- Gavin Hetlevedt - Vocals and Guitar
- John Dosch - Back-up vocals and Trumpet
- Mark Henning - alto Sax
- Jeremy Manstrom - Trombone
- Ron Storhaug - Trumpet
- Mike Goodwin - Drums
- Mike Jensen(Temp for summer) - bass
- Tomas - bass
- Andrew Clayson - drums
- Ben Ahrems - guitar
- Mike Barret - guitar
- Kyle Engelhardt - Alto and Tenor Sax, Lead vocals for one show, back-up for rest
- Kimmy Gibbler Started life as a 7 piece ska band based out of Fargo-Moorhead. All practices were held at MSUM. The origonal members include: Gavin, John, Mark, Kyle, Tomas, Mikey B, Ben, Clayson. About two practices into it Kyle was forced to leave due to health reasons, and a little while later Jeremy was added. The group played there first show at Billiards on Broadway. and really sucked it up. John was not part of the first show due to haveing just gotten his wisdom teath removed, and complaining about have a large intolerence to pain. Even though they sucked, the crowd enjoyed each and every wrong note that Mark and Jeremy played on horns, and the ability posessed by Clayson to drop the beat on comand.
- Even with there shortcomings as a band who basically sucked musically, ska was just too much for the FM area not too love. Also ample exposer was helped by Gavin's and John's deep seeded roots in the so called scene that they were involved and played most our shows in. To some it was a pleasent bit of happiness from all the emo and screamo band that KG played with.
- Fast foreward to the Summer, KG was on a short Hiatus due to everyone living in different cities, but they did get together for a few shows, most notably was the Summer Scene in Bismarck. oh and also this was around the time that the band recorded and released their first EP. (We're Not Your Mother's Ska Band). Since Gavin was not able to make it to the show, Kyle newly back aboard with the band sang lead and rocked the house. Playing with a very altered line-up was nothing new to KG due to there massive number of members, it was always hard for everyone to make it, and great strides where taken to play each and every show offered to them, even if it was only with half of the band. Back to the Summer Scene, one of the best early shows played by KG(or at least largest and most energetic crowd) it was why most of the band fell in love with Bismarck shows.(Also more than half were originaly from The fair city) And come Fall the Full band was back in Full effect. however the fact that Jeremy lived in Grand Forks(UND) and Mark in Minneapolis(for an internship)somewhat hindered the ability to practice, but none the less through many trips and tanks of gas the band was able to rock like no other.
- After the Fall and into winter members started to drop like flies, Ben quit the band do to his lack of time between school and his newly engaged Fiance and was missed by all. Then Mikey B moved to florida to pursue real estate, and make/spend more money than most of teh band could comprehend. Also missed he was. Gavin then took over on guitar while still singing lead. Also amounst this time the band was working hard at recording there second Ep, 7 Tracks were recorded but only 4 went on the actual EP which wasn't released until summer 2006.
- Shortly After the band shot their first music video, Clayson parted from the band, while he was loved by most and liked by all, he had this superb ability to show up late or not show up at all for practices and sometimes shows. Due to this it was found best that we split ways. Now KG was looking for a new drummer, and in from the clutch Tomas talks to Peter(not sure of last name). Peter was a freshman at MSUM and a spectacular drummer, almost too good for the band. But saddly after playing some really kick-butt shows he left due to only being a temperary replacement. About the same time Kyle once again left the band, this time do to controlable circumstances. He left on good turns and is/was missed for his song-writing ability, and showmanship skills. He however went on to bigger roles and now sing's for Gentleman's Ghost.
- I just remembered something, in or about january of 2006, about when Ben left the band, they added Ron. Ron was a rocking trumpet player from NDSU and also a native bismarckian. Mark called him one day to see if he would like to come practice with KG after rumors of him wanting to play and being really sexy surfaced. Which was funny because he was apparently somehwat afraid of Mark do to an experience at a RBF concert in the fall of 2003.
- Thats all for now, I should get back to work, but thanks for reading, And update and change as needed, as I will to to try and finish the unfolding story.