Difference between revisions of "Kimmy Gibbler"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Kimmy Gibbler Started in January of '05 and
Kimmy Gibbler Started in January of '05 and hard .
== Members ==
== Members ==
Revision as of 11:50, 8 July 2008
Kimmy Gibbler Started in January of '05 and rocked hard Until there last show in December of 2007.
- Gavin Hetlevedt - Vocals and Guitar
- John Dosch - Back-up Vocals and Trumpet
- Mark Henning - Alto Sax
- Jeremy Manstrom - Trombone
- Ron Storhaug - Trumpet
- Mike Goodwin - Drums
- Mike Jensen - Bass and Back-up Vocals
- Thomas Belgrave - Bass
- Andrew Clayson - Drums
- Ben Ahrens - Guitar
- Mike Barret - Guitar
- Kyle Engelhardt - Alto and Tenor Sax, Lead Vocals for one show, Back-up for rest
- Kimmy Gibbler Started life as a 7 piece ska band based out of Fargo-Moorhead. All practices were held at MSUM. The original members include: Gavin, John, Mark, Kyle, Thomas, Mikey B, Ben, Clayson. About two practices into it Kyle was forced to leave due to health reasons, and a little while later Jeremy was added. The group played their first show at Billiards on Broadway and really sucked it up. John was not part of the first show, due to having just gotten his wisdom teeth removed, and complaining about having a large intolerance to pain. Even though they sucked, the crowd enjoyed each and every wrong note that Mark and Jeremy played on horns, and the ability possessed by Clayson to drop the beat on command.
- Even with their shortcomings as a band who basically sucked musically, ska was just too much for the FM area not to love. Also, ample exposure was helped by Gavin's and John's deep-seeded roots in the so called "scene" that they were involved and played most our shows in. To some, it was a pleasant bit of happiness from all the emo and screamo band that KG played with.
- Fast forward to the Summer, KG was on a short Hiatus due to everyone living in different cities, but they did get together for a few shows, most notably was the Summer Scene in Bismarck. Oh and also this was around the time that the band recorded and released their first EP. (We're Not Your Mother's Ska Band). Since Gavin was not able to make it to the show, Kyle, newly back aboard with the band, sang lead and rocked the house. Playing with a very altered line-up was nothing new to KG due to there massive number of members. It was always hard for everyone to make it, and great strides were taken to play each and every show offered to them...even if it was only with half of the band. Back to the Summer Scene, one of the best early shows played by KG(or at least largest and most energetic crowd), it was why most of the band fell in love with Bismarck shows.(Also more than half were originally from The fair city) And come Fall the Full band was back in Full effect. However, the fact that Jeremy lived in Grand Forks(UND) and Mark in Minneapolis(for an internship)somewhat hindered the band's ability to practice, but none the less, through many trips and tanks of gas the band was able to rock like no other.
- After the Fall and into Winter, members started to drop like flies. Ben quit the band due to his lack of time between school and his newly engaged fiance and was missed by all. Then Mikey B moved to Florida to pursue real estate, and make/spend more money than most of the band could comprehend. Also missed he was. Gavin then took over on guitar while still singing lead. Also during this time the band was working hard at recording there second Ep, 7 Tracks were recorded but only 4 went on the actual EP which wasn't released until summer 2006.
- Shortly after the band shot their first music video, Clayson parted from the band, while he was loved by most and liked by all, he had this superb ability to show up late or not show up at all for practices and sometimes shows. Due to this, it was found best that we split ways. Now KG was looking for a new drummer, and in from the clutch Thomas talks to Peter(not sure of last name). Peter was a freshman at MSUM and a spectacular drummer, almost too good for the band. But sadly after playing some really kick-butt shows he left due to only being a temporary replacement. About the same time Kyle once again left the band, this time do to controllable circumstances. He left on good turns and is/was missed for his song-writing ability, and showmanship skills. He however went on to bigger roles and now sings for Gentleman's Ghost.
- I just remembered something, in or about January of 2006 (actually October), about when Ben left the band (waaaay before Ben left the band), they added Ron. Ron (is)was a rocking trumpet player from NDSU and also a native bismarckian. Mark called him one day to see if he would like to come practice with KG after rumors of him wanting to play and being really sexy surfaced. Which was funny because he was apparently somehwat afraid of Mark do to an experience at a RBF concert in the fall of 2003. Mark also promised Ron that he could cuddle with John, which was the deciding factor for Ron joining the band.